Our Portrait Park
Our 2.5-acre Portrait Park is the perfect outdoor studio to create priceless fine art family portraits.
Custom designed as a private park with portrait areas throughout including a creek, two ponds, large and small, a bridge, wildflower meadow, barn — and our latest addition, a pier, perfect for images over the water.
These areas and the props we use, such as our vintage truck and couches, are constantly evolving so that no two portrait sessions ever look the same.
There are many advantages to having your family portraits in our outdoor studio. Here are a few:
- Our 2.5-acre Portrait Park is truly unique in the Northern Virginia area. The versatility of the different portrait settings will ensure that you’ll have a special family portrait.
- Portraits in our Portrait Park tend to be less formal, more natural, a relaxed version of who your family is.
- When done correctly, outdoor family portraits are beautiful! It’s important to note that outdoor photography with natural light does not mean that your photographer should only use “natural light,” i.e. the sun. The use of flash and other lighting for outdoor portraits is a must to prevent shadowing and show you off to your best advantage.
- In the spring/summer, our portrait park is alive with vibrant greens.
- In the autumn, our portrait park is aglow with gorgeous reds, golds and yellows.
- Nature is always a lovely backdrop for your family portraits.
With rustic barnwood
as your backdrop
your family portraits will
have a warm appeal.
We have several couches in different colors,
in styles suited to a variety of home decors.
Our families love using our couches in their
family portraits. It truly gives your family
portrait a unique look
A wide wooden bridge crosses our small
pond, and provides a wonderful area for
family portraits. The small pond is perfect
for reflection images, a little special something
which many families love.
Our large pond, surrounded by mature
and full trees, is complemented with
a pier, perfect for images over the water.
A long poled fence is great for
relaxed family images. The lines
give depth to your family portraits,
and work wonderfully with families
small or large.
Who can resist a vintage truck? Our red
truck is a big hit with children and adults
alike. It provides a unique look to your family
portraits, a little bit of times gone by.
Throughout our park, we have various
locations for sitting/standing. In
one corner, near our pond, we have a
variety of tree stumps, perfect for a
variety of heights — and also perfect
for a budding pilot to “fly” from! But
don’t worry; they’re close to the ground.
An authentic tree swing hangs from
one of the larger trees in our park.
With a wide and sturdy seat, kids and
moms love it equally!